October means fall, and fall means pumpkins, cozy flannels, football, and apple cider. In this busy season of life, don’t let the beauty of your home fall behind! Follow our 6 cheap tips to spruce up your home for Autumn.
- Stop at the local farmer’s stand- support your local farmer’s and purchase some pumpkins, gourds, mums, and old corn stalks to decorate the outside of your home with. Be sure to snag some apples for a fresh cider.
- Take out the throw blankets and get some new pillows- It’s starting to get chilly, so you will definitely want to cuddle up with cozy fall blankets and rest your head on a new pillow. Off-price department stores like Marshalls or TJ Maxx have a wide variety of inexpensive options for these items.
- Clean up fallen leaves and dead branches- This is the cheapest of our suggestions because it’s free! Cleaning up the clutter of fallen leaves and any dead flowers or branches will be sure to spruce up your home!
- Light up some candles- get some candles that smell like fall. Pumpkins, apples, bonfires, cinnamon, or the great outdoors are all great scents that bring Autumn inside.
- Make a wreath-get in touch with your crafty side and grab the materials to make a wreath. Follow this link for directions to make a beautiful wreath with materials from the Dollar Store!
- Start planning for next year- Take your home to the next level! Now is the time to start planning your home improvement projects for next year! Luckily, at General Construction Services, we still have some availability in our 2022 schedule. Be sure to fill out our inquiry form so a GCS representative can contact you about your big plans. Check out our Facebook to take a look at our recent work and get a few ideas!